There are just those time when you have to have something sweet. Maybe you’re craving ice cream, or a shake. This little smoothie fits the bill, even with the micro greens added. Don’t add too many, or they will over power the flavor. To boost the nutrients even more, I’ve added some of my L.A.P.S. nut and seed mix. You can find that recipe here:
This smoothie is so delicious. It quickly became a favorite for me. I whipped it together one day when I had some serious cravings and it fit the bill. I’ve had it many times since then. There are only 6 ingredients, which are very versatile. I used whole milk here, but have also used almond milk. I like the vanilla, which gives it a bit of that “ice cream” feeling. If you can’t eat peanut butter, any nut butter will work. I find sun butter (sunflower seed butter) to be the best replacement, in terms of flavor. The bananas must be frozen for that milkshake feeling. You can also add 1 cup of ice, to intensify that aspect. Another option, if you’re looking to make this a meal replacement, is to add a scoop of collagen or protein powder for added nutrients.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie with Pea Microgreens
A quick and delicious breakfast or snack to sneak in any time of day. Perfect when you're craving something sweet.
Credit: Tamara Hoerner
- 1 frozen banana**
- 2 tablespoons L.A.P.S. nut and seed mix ( or any ground nut or seed, such as flax)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 cup milk (your choice)
- 1 small handful micro greens of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional-add one scoop collagen powder or protein powder for added nutrients
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for about 1 minute, or until bananas and greens are will incorporated. ** For frozen bananas, peel first, then put into freezer, overnight is best, either whole or cut into a few pieces.